Monday, January 14, 2019

Simpsons: See My Vest

A season six episode of the Simpsons from 1995, Two Dozen and One Greyhounds, has a plot that is heavily inspired by the Disney film One Hundred and One Dalmations, where Mr. Burns intends to steal twenty five greyhound puppies for a tuxedo. As if his animal creulty beliefs weren't strong enough, he has a whole song about how he turns creatures into clothes, to the music of Beauty and the Beast's Be Our Guest. What if we asked Abe Simpson what he heard if he listened to the song?

Original lyricsTranslated lyrics
Some men hunt for sport,We have to play with the men
Others hunt for food,Other food wolves
The only thing I'm hunting for,All I'm looking for,
Is an outfit that looks good...There is a dress that looks good ...

See my vest, see my vest,Look at my vest, look at my west,
Made from real gorilla chest,Made by the actual gorilla diet,
Feel this sweater, there's no better,Feel this sweater, it's not better
Than authentic Irish setter.To receive a setter forth of Ireland in regard to things.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,See the hat, "my cat"
My evening wear - vampire bat,My evening dress - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albinoThese white shoes are albino.
African endangered rhino.African witches are threatened with extinction.

Grizzly bear underwear,Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,Turtle neck, I'm on my side,
Beret of poodle, on my noodleBeer beer, my noodles
It shall rest,He will rest,

Try my red robin suit,Robin, because the cause of that was red;
It comes one breast or two,One or two breasts come
See my vest, see my vest,Check out the vest, look at the vest,
See my vest.Vest check out

Like my loafers? Former gophers -Like my pumpkin? Old Secret -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,That's the skin of my drivers,
But a greyhound fur tuxedoA tuxedo made of greyhound fur.
Would be best,But if that was the best thing,

So let's prepare these dogs,Let us go, then, sing their preparations;
(Kill two for matching clogs,)(Kill two by matching wooden shoes)
See my vest, see my vest,Look at my vest, look at my west,
see my vestmy video

Like my loafers? Former gophers -Loafers like me? Former Gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,This driver was my skin,
But a greyhound fur tuxedoBut bad fur
Would be best,It would be better

So let's prepare these dogs,So we prepare these dogs,
(Kill two for matching clogs,)(Killing two Turks);
See my vest, see my vest,See, see it in her arms
oh please won't you see my vestOh, please, do not see my jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment