Wednesday, January 2, 2019

TV: My name is Victoria Winters

In 1966 ABC aired the premiere episode of Dark Shadows, a gothic soap opera that became well known by taking the gothic atmosphere, supernatural happenings and literature and cinema of the time and mixing it with the typical soap opera dysfunction. However it started out a lot differently, initially following a newly employed governess and her search for answers. As Vicki says:

"My name is Victoria Winters. My journey is beginning, a journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my past with my future, a journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place, to the edge of the sea, high atop Widows' Hill, a house called Collinwood, a world I've never known, with people I've never met, people who tonight are still only shadows in my mind, but who will soon fill the days and nights of my tomorrows."

Now the very first lines ever spoken on the show will face a force that even the Dark Lord trembles in fear of, Google Translate...

Victoria my name winter. My journey is expected, that will open up the doors of life to me and get in touch with my future trip will give me an amazing place and darkness will take my time, the sea, the hills, the house A world that is called Collinwood I started in on the edge of ever, a travel people I have never met, but people are not the only time in their mental shadow, but some days, and my days will be tomorrow. For

Yeah, the run on sentence didn't help the weirdness.

No comments:

Post a Comment